The Resort l The Attraction l The Inn
The House on the Rock Attraction: 608.935.3639
The House on the Rock Resort: 608.588.7000
The House on the Rock Inn: 608.935.3711
For more information about our new event The Dark Side - visit our blog!
Three legendary architects, two championship courses.

The striking limestone bluffs and rolling hills outside your window are part of what is called the driftless area. The last ice age, which flattened much of the Midwest, missed this area in Southwest Wisconsin creating wonderful natural features that yield the tranquility and serenity surrounding the Resort.

The land on which the resort presently sits was part of the Frank Lloyd Wright Estate until 1967 when it was purchased by a company based in Racine, WI. At this site, they planned to create Frank Lloyd Wright’s vision of Broadacres City, a rural alternative to city living that Wright created in the 1930’s.

As part of that vision, what is now the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center opened in 1967 at a gala affair attended by Ladybird Johnson, LBJ’s wife. At the same time plans began for the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf course. The Springs Course opened in 1971 as the most northern course that Robert Trent Jones, Sr. had designed.

The North Nine was designed by Roger Packard and two-time U.S. Open Champion Andy North and was opened in May of 1994.

After many years as The Springs Golf Course with just a trailer to welcome guests, The Springs Golf Club Resort opened May 13th, 1993. The 80 room Resort was designed by Charles Montooth, a senior fellowship member at Taliesin and one of Wright’s students. Since opening, several amenities have been added along with constant improvement to the golf course.

The property was purchased by Vivid, Inc. on June 10th, 1999 and The Springs Golf Club Resort became The House on the Rock Resort.